- 19/01/2015: Today is the official Opening Ceremony of the International Year of Light at the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO) headquarters in Paris. There are 1500 delegates attending from around the world: Andrew White is one of the two Australian invitees, and is quite looking forward to it!
- 05/01/2015: A very warm welcome to Nicolas Quesada who is visiting us for the next two months from the University of Toronto. Welcome aboard Nicolas!
- 05/01/2015: What better way to start the year than announce that Nor Azwa Zakaria has joined the QT Lab from the University of Malaysia Terengganu. Welcome Azwa!
- 01/01/2015: Happy New Year! Welcome to the International Year of Light *. For a great article on what it's
about, and how it came to be—basically down to the ever-irrepressible Antipodean John Dudley—have a look at this Optics & Photonics News
article, 2015: The
International Year of Light. Physics World also has an interesting, and shorter article,
Physicists get set for UNESCO's Year of
* "...and Light-Enabled Technologies", yeah, I know.