- 23/08/2017: Martin's PhD thesis was published today as a Springer Outstanding Thesis:
Exploring Quantum Foundations with Single Photons. Many congratulations Martin, and I urge you all to go
download your free PDF or EPUB copy now!
- 25/07/2017: Michael Kewming starts his PhD in the QT Lab today, joining us from Monash University. Welcome aboard Michael!
- 03/07/2017: Jihun Cha starts his PhD in the QT Lab today, joining us from the Gyeongsang National University. Welcome to the team
- 15/05/2017: Our paper on A solid-state single-photon filter appeared today in
Nature Nanotechnology. Go have a look at the beautiful data: and the record nonlinearity threshold of 0.3 ± 0.1 incident photons! Many congratulations to the French team of Lorenzo, Carlos,
Bogdan, Niccolo, Guillaume, Jean, Carmen, Aristide, Isabelle, Loïc, Alexia, and Pascale. When we next all meet, the first bottle of champagne is on me!
- 26/04/2017: Kaumudibikash Goswami starts his PhD in the QT Lab today, joining us from the Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology. Welcome aboard
Kaumudi, it's great to have you join us!
11/04/2017: Our paper on Active demultiplexing of single photons from a solid-state source
appeared today in Laser & Photonics Reviews. Many congratulations to Juan, Raphael, Marcelo, and Azwa; the French team of Isabelle, Aristide, and Pascale; and the Griffith team of Francesco,
Ben, Sachin, Hoang-Phuong, Dzung, and Mirko. It was a great cross-river and cross-hemisphere collaboration!
- 28/03/2017: Our paper on Boson Sampling with Single-Photon Fock States from a Bright Solid-State Source
appeared today in Physical Review Letters. Many congratulations to Juan, Matthew, Marcelo, and the French team of Paul, Olivier, Isabelle, Aristide, and Pascale!
- 25/03/2017: Come join Harry Cli, Nicole Bell, Tamara Davis, and Andrew at the World Science Festival Special Event in the Cremorne Theatre—and tours around the Hadron
Exhibition at the Queensland museum afterwards!—
Collision: A Unique Insight Into The World Of Hadron.
- 23/03/2017: Come join Joanna Batstone, Hugh Bradlow, Andrea Morello, Vikram Sharma, Robyn Williams, and Andrew at the World Science Festival event in the Cremorne Theatre:
The New Normal: The Quantum Age Of Computing. It should be a lot of fun!
- 14/03/2017: Congratulations to Martin and Juan—and their co-authors Farid and Tim—whose paper on
Ultrafine Entanglement Witnessing appeared today in Physical Review Letters. It's an Editor's Suggestion, and has a Synopsis in
Physics, Prepping an Entanglement Witness. Nice one!
- 27/01/2017: Many, many, congratulations to our friends (and QT Lab alumni), Dr Juan Loredo and
Dr Matthew Broome, who today were each awarded a
Marie Skłodowska-Curie Fellowship, to work respectively with
the inestimable Professors Pascale Senellart and Peter Lodahl, and their groups in France and Denmark. Nice one Juan and Matthew: what a wonderful start to the new year!
- 25/11/2016: Our contribution to the Roadmap on structured light appeared
today in the Journal of Optics. Many congratulations to Jacqui and the other 29 authors from Australia, Europe, and North America!
- 07/11/2016: Our paper on Sub-megahertz linewidth single photon source appeared
today in APL Photonics. Many congratulations to Markus, Aleksandrina, and Till! Go check out the beautiful, beautiful, data.
- 30/09/2016: Congratulations to Christina, Fabio and Cyril, whose paper on
Multipartite causal correlations: Polytopes and inequalities appeared today in Physical Review A. Nice work one and all!
- 08/09/2016: Wonderful news for physics, and in particular quantum science and technology in Australia: seven years of funding
was announced today
ARC Centre of Excellence for Engineered Quantum Systems, the
ARC Centre of Excellence for Quantum Computation and Communication Technology, the
ARC Centre of Excellence in Future Low Energy Electronics Technologies, the
ARC Centre of Excellence in Exciton Science,
and last—but certainly not least!—the
ARC Centre of Excellence
for Gravitational Wave Discovery. Many, many, congratulations to all involved, and heartfelt commiserations for our colleagues who didn't get funded this time.
For funding junkies, here are the Statistics for Approved
- 07/09/2016: Congratulations to Christina, whose opus on
Causal and causally separable processes appeared today in the New Journal of Physics. Keep an eye out for the video abstract, which is an excellent
introduction to this paper!
- 19/08/2016: In today's Physics World there is a wonderful article by Philip Ball on our most recent paper ,
Quantum mechanics trumps nonlocal causality. If you've
a few minutes free, please go check it out!
- 10/08/2016: Our paper on Experimental Test of Nonlocal Causality appeared
today in Science Advances. Many congratulations to Martin, Christina, Fabio, and the nonlocal authors Rafael and Alessandro!
- 01/08/2016: Lewis Howard starts his PhD in the QT Lab today, joining us from Curtin University. Welcome aboard Lewis!
- 27/07/2016: It is with great sadness that we farewell Juan Loredo, who leaves us after 4 wonderful years to join the
fabulous Pascale Senellart and her team as a Postdoctoral Scientist.
Best of luck in the new gig Juan, and you are very welcome back at anytime!
- 12/07/2016: In today's Science there is a nice article by Adrian Cho,
Massive neutrino experiment undermines our sense of
reality. It includes—possibly unwisely, never give an interview when jet-lagged!—comments from Andrew. Go check it out!
- Older news can be found here.