- 28/03/2017: Our paper on Boson Sampling with Single-Photon Fock States from a Bright Solid-State Source
appeared today in Physical Review Letters. Many congratulations to Juan, Matthew, Marcelo, and the French team of Paul, Olivier, Isabelle, Aristide, and Pascale!
- 14/03/2017: Congratulations to Martin and Juan—and their co-authors Farid and Tim—whose paper on
Ultrafine Entanglement Witnessing appeared today in Physical Review Letters. It's an Editor's Suggestion, and has a Synopsis in
Physics, Prepping an Entanglement Witness. Nice one!
- 27/01/2017: Many, many, congratulations to our friends (and QT Lab alumni), Dr Juan Loredo and
Dr Matthew Broome, who today were each awarded a
Marie Skłodowska-Curie Fellowship, to work respectively with
the inestimable Professors Pascale Senellart and Peter Lodahl, and their groups in France and Denmark. Nice one Juan and Matthew: what a wonderful start to the new year!
- 07/11/2016: Our paper on Sub-megahertz linewidth single photon source appeared
today in APL Photonics. Many congratulations to Markus, Aleksandrina, and Till! Go check out the beautiful, beautiful, data.
- 30/09/2016: Congratulations to Christina, Fabio and Cyril, whose paper on
Multipartite causal correlations: Polytopes and inequalities appeared today in Physical Review A. Nice work one and all!
- 08/09/2016: Wonderful news for physics, and in particular quantum science and technology in Australia: seven years of funding
was announced today
ARC Centre of Excellence for Engineered Quantum Systems, the
ARC Centre of Excellence for Quantum Computation and Communication Technology, the
ARC Centre of Excellence in Future Low Energy Electronics Technologies, the
ARC Centre of Excellence in Exciton Science,
and last—but certainly not least!—the
ARC Centre of Excellence
for Gravitational Wave Discovery. Many, many, congratulations to all involved, and heartfelt commiserations for our colleagues who didn't get funded this time.
For funding junkies, here are the Statistics for Approved
- 07/09/2016: Congratulations to Christina, whose opus on
Causal and causally separable processes appeared today in the New Journal of Physics. Keep an eye out for the video abstract, which is an excellent
introduction to this paper!
- 19/08/2016: In today's Physics World there is a wonderful article by Philip Ball on our most recent paper ,
Quantum mechanics trumps nonlocal causality. If you've
a few minutes free, please go check it out!
- 10/08/2016: Our paper on Experimental Test of Nonlocal Causality appeared
today in Science Advances. Many congratulations to Martin, Christina, Fabio, and the nonlocal authors Rafael and Alessandro!
- 01/08/2016: Lewis Howard starts his PhD in the QT Lab today, joining us from Curtin University. Welcome aboard Lewis!
- 27/07/2016: It is with great sadness that we farewell Juan Loredo, who leaves us after 4 wonderful years to join the
fabulous Pascale Senellart and her team as a Postdoctoral Scientist.
Best of luck in the new gig Juan, and you are very welcome back at anytime!
- 12/07/2016: In today's Science there is a nice article by Adrian Cho,
Massive neutrino experiment undermines our sense of
reality. It includes—possibly unwisely, never give an interview when jet-lagged!—comments from Andrew. Go check it out!
- 26/06/2016: Congratulations to Martin Ringbauer, who is one of just 7 PhD students representing Australian science at the
66th Lindau Nobel Laureate Meeting this week. To get a sense of what an amazing week it is, have a look at
the promotional booklet and the
- 18/06/2016: Today's Science Show is all about H.G. Wells, the
author who imaged a
future based on scientific achievement. It's wonderful, with rarely-heard audio recordings of Wells, so if nothing else tune in for that! It
includes a brief chat between the amazing Sharon Carleton and Andrew, that touches on death rays, Tasmania, the Maxwell-Heaviside equations, and Imperialism.
- 10/06/2016: Our paper on Engineering integrated photonics for heralded quantum gates appeared
today in Scientific Reports. Many congratulations to Devon, Matthew, Alessandro, and the Macquarie team of Tom, Michael, Alexei, Graham, Michael, and
- 09/06/2016: Andrew is giving an hour-long Tutorial today at CLEO on Photonic
Quantum Simulation. If you're at CLEO let's catch up for a coffee and a chat!
- 07/06/2016: There's a great article today in PhysOrg,
The path to perfection: Quantum dots in electrically-controlled
cavities yield bright, nearly identical photons. It was prompted by our recent Nature Photonics paper, but is more wide ranging than that, and has heaps of
thoughtful observations from Pascale. If you're interested in quantum dots or photon sources, go read it now!
- 24/05/2016: Andrew is giving a talk tonight in a Pint of Science, event at
the Lucky Duck Cafe and Bar. Come along for a drink and a chat!
- 15/04/2016: Our paper on Enhancing coherent transport in a
photonic network using controllable decoherence appeared today in Nature Communications. Many congratulations to Devon, Aidan, Matthew,
Alessandro and Ivan, and the Jena team of René, Markus, Stefan, and Alex!
- 13/04/2016: Our paper on Scalable performance in solid-state single-
photon sources appeared today in Optica. Many congratulations to Juan, Marcelo, Azwa, Matthew, and the French team of Niccolo, Carlos, Lorenzo,
Valerian, Thomas, Olivier, Guillamue, Isabelle, Aristide, Alexia, and Pascale!
07/03/2016: Our paper on Near-optimal single-photon sources
in the solid state appeared today in Nature Photonics. Many congratulations to Juan, Marcelo, and the French team of Niccolo, Valerian, Lorenzo,
Gaston, Simone, Thomas, Carlos, Justin, Carmen, Isabelle, Daniel, Aristide, Alexia, Loïc, and, of course, Pascale! Press releases can be found in English
SciMex and in French at
CNRS (a shorter English version of the latter is
here). I think perhaps some Pisco is in order ... Peruvian, naturally!
- 18/02/2016: Our paper on Measuring Entanglement in a Photonic
Embedding Quantum Simulator appeared today in Physical Review Letters. Many congratulations to Juan, Marcelo, and the Bilbao/Ulm team of Roberto,
Julen, Jorge, and Kike!
- 15/01/2016: In the Festival of Art, Science and Ideas, Andrew is a panel member today in
Science Texts That Changed the World. From The Origin of the Species to
Andrew Wakefield’s notorious paper, come join the discussion on big science texts led by the inimitable Joel Gilmore!
- 11/01/2016: Raphael Abrahão starts his PhD in the QT Lab today, joining us from Universidade Estadual de
Campinas. Welcome aboard Raphael!
- Older news can be found here.