- 06/12/2017: Congratulations to Jacqui who has been awarded a 2018
UQ Early Career Researcher Grant.
What a great way to close out they year!
- 25/11/2017: Congratulations to Martin and his co-author Rafael—their paper on
Probing the Non-Classicality of Temporal Correlations appeared today in Quantum. It's a great read, go check it out!
- 09/11/2017: Check out the nice article by George Nott in today's Computerworld,
Quantum systems centre relaunched with $31.9m ARC funding.
- 08/11/2017: The offical opening of the new Centre for Engineered Quantum Systems—which will run from 2018 to 2024—is tonight at
Customs House. Check out the new website, the press release, or
the article by John Ross in today's Australian.
- 07/11/2017: Our review article on High-performance semiconductor quantum-dot single-photon sources appeared today in
Nature Nanotechnology. With 190 references and some beautiful figures and explanations it's well worth a look—mind you, I may be a bit biased. Thank you Pascale and Glenn, it was a lot of
fun putting this together!
- 24/10/2017: Many congratulations to Jacqui, who today was announced as one of four L’Oréal Australia For Women in
Science Fellows for 2017! What wonderful news, and we're looking forward to hearing all about the awards ceremony at the Sydney Opera House next week. See also the
UQ press releases.
- 27/09/2017: Congratulations to Sarah Lau who won Best Poster at the 2017 EQUS Workshop! Sarah was the unanimous choice of the five non-EQUS judges. Nice one Sarah, and
- 23/08/2017: Martin's PhD thesis was published today as a Springer Outstanding Thesis:
Exploring Quantum Foundations with Single Photons. Many congratulations Martin, and I urge you all to go
download your free PDF or EPUB copy now!
- 25/07/2017: Michael Kewming starts his PhD in the QT Lab today, joining us from Monash University. Welcome aboard Michael!
- 03/07/2017: Jihun Cha starts his PhD in the QT Lab today, joining us from the Gyeongsang National University. Welcome to the team
- 15/05/2017: Our paper on A solid-state single-photon filter appeared today in
Nature Nanotechnology. Go have a look at the beautiful data: and the record nonlinearity threshold of 0.3 ± 0.1 incident photons! Many congratulations to the French team of Lorenzo, Carlos,
Bogdan, Niccolo, Guillaume, Jean, Carmen, Aristide, Isabelle, Loïc, Alexia, and Pascale. When we next all meet, the first bottle of champagne is on me!
- 26/04/2017: Kaumudibikash Goswami starts his PhD in the QT Lab today, joining us from the Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology. Welcome aboard
Kaumudi, it's great to have you join us!
11/04/2017: Our paper on Active demultiplexing of single photons from a solid-state source
appeared today in Laser & Photonics Reviews. Many congratulations to Juan, Raphael, Marcelo, and Azwa; the French team of Isabelle, Aristide, and Pascale; and the Griffith team of Francesco,
Ben, Sachin, Hoang-Phuong, Dzung, and Mirko. It was a great cross-river and cross-hemisphere collaboration!
- 28/03/2017: Our paper on Boson Sampling with Single-Photon Fock States from a Bright Solid-State Source
appeared today in Physical Review Letters. Many congratulations to Juan, Matthew, Marcelo, and the French team of Paul, Olivier, Isabelle, Aristide, and Pascale!
- 25/03/2017: Come join Harry Cli, Nicole Bell, Tamara Davis, and Andrew at the World Science Festival Special Event in the Cremorne Theatre—and tours around the Hadron
Exhibition at the Queensland museum afterwards!—
Collision: A Unique Insight Into The World Of Hadron.
- 23/03/2017: Come join Joanna Batstone, Hugh Bradlow, Andrea Morello, Vikram Sharma, Robyn Williams, and Andrew at the World Science Festival event in the Cremorne Theatre:
The New Normal: The Quantum Age Of Computing. It should be a lot of fun!
- 14/03/2017: Congratulations to Martin and Juan—and their co-authors Farid and Tim—whose paper on
Ultrafine Entanglement Witnessing appeared today in Physical Review Letters. It's an Editor's Suggestion, and has a Synopsis in
Physics, Prepping an Entanglement Witness. Nice one!
- 27/01/2017: Many, many, congratulations to our friends (and QT Lab alumni), Dr Juan Loredo and
Dr Matthew Broome, who today were each awarded a
Marie Skłodowska-Curie Fellowship, to work respectively with
the inestimable Professors Pascale Senellart and Peter Lodahl, and their groups in France and Denmark. Nice one Juan and Matthew: what a wonderful start to the new year!
- 25/11/2016: Our contribution to the Roadmap on structured light appeared
today in the Journal of Optics. Many congratulations to Jacqui and the other 29 authors from Australia, Europe, and North America!
- 07/11/2016: Our paper on Sub-megahertz linewidth single photon source appeared
today in APL Photonics. Many congratulations to Markus, Aleksandrina, and Till! Go check out the beautiful, beautiful, data.
- Older news can be found here.