- 31/08/2018: Our paper on Indefinite Causal Order in a Quantum Switch appeared today in
Physical Review Letters, and is highlighted as an Editor's Suggestion—complete with quantum chicken-and-egg graphic! Many congratulations to Kaumudi, Christina, Michael, Fabio, Cyril and Jacqui for the fantastic theory and experiment: if only we knew which caused which...
- 30/08/2018: Our paper on Hectometer Revivals of Quantum Interference appeared today in
Physical Review Letters. Many congratulations to Markus, Sarah, and Till, and to the European team of Simon and Vincenzo, for the great collaboration and results. And as a nice bonus, it's awesome to get a SI unit into the title of a quantum paper!
- 23/08/2018: In today's ScienceNews Emily Conover has written a nice article on our quantum switch paper,
A new quantum device defies the concepts of ‘before’ and ‘after’. Please check it out!
- 17/08/2018: There's a very nice write-up by Adrian Cho today in Science on our quantum switch work,
Quantum chicken-or-egg experiment blurs the distinction between before and
after. Go have a read!
- 02/08/2018: Our paper on Multi-time quantum correlations with no spatial analog appeared today in
npj Quantum Information. Many congratulations to Martin, Fabio, Michael, and Alessandro. We're now on three continents but it'll be great to work together again soon!
- 26/07/2018: And in a nice mid-winter treat, Our paper on an Unifying framework for spatial and temporal quantum correlations
appeared today in Physical Review A. Many congratulations to Fabio, Martin, Michael, and Alessandro!
- 19/07/2018: Congratulations to Dr Geoffrey Gillett who leaves us today to join Quantum Valley Ideas Laboratories. It doesn't seem that
long since you joined us as an undergraduate Geoff, and it has been an absolute privilege to work with you during your PhD and postdoc. Enjoy Waterloo and we look forward to hearing all about it soon!
- 01/06/2018: Andrew is in today's podcast from The Conversation,
Trust Me, I'm an Expert. If you only want to hear about things quantum, it starts at 18:15, otherwise the
first two stories are on terrorism and popping pimples. Either way, enjoy!
- 18/05/2018: ...and that was really quick. There is a very nice write-up of our paper in phys.org,
Can a quantum drum vibrate and stand still at the same time?. Recommended!
- 18/05/2018: Our paper on Generation of Mechanical Interference Fringes by Multi-Photon Counting appeared today in
New Journal of Physics. Many congratulations to Martin, Till, Michael, and particularly to Lewis for his first—but definitely not last!—scientific paper!
- 10/05/2018: ...aaand that was quick. There are very nice write-ups of our paper in
msn, plus coverage in all the science channels like
phys.org. If you have a moment check them out!
- 09/05/2018: Our paper on Challenging local realism with human choices appeared today in
Nature. This was a lot of fun, more than 100,000 people participated, and it's our first time doing science as part of a
large collaboration: 108 authors! (And in a nice bit of numerology, it is Andrew's 100th paper and he is
100th author). Many congratulations to Martin, and to Tara for her first scientific paper!
* Also, this is going to seriously skew folks' self-citation statistics, plus decreasing their Erdös & Feynman numbers...
- 22/01/2018: Ming Su starts his PhD in the QT Lab today, joining us from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Welcome to the lab
Ming, it's great to have you join us!
- 09/12/2017: Congratulations to Dr Markus Rambach who graduated today. It's been blast working with you Markus and we
can't believe how quickly it went. Please come back and visit soon!
- 07/12/2017: Congratulations to Sarah who won the OSA Student Prize today at the Australian and New Zealand Conference on Optics and Photonics 2017.
What an excellent way to start the holidays: ho, ho, ho!
- 06/12/2017: Congratulations to Jacqui who has been awarded a 2018
UQ Early Career Researcher Grant.
What a great way to close out they year!
- 25/11/2017: Congratulations to Martin and his co-author Rafael—their paper on
Probing the Non-Classicality of Temporal Correlations appeared today in Quantum. It's a great read, go check it out!
- 09/11/2017: Check out the nice article by George Nott in today's Computerworld,
Quantum systems centre relaunched with $31.9m ARC funding.
- 08/11/2017: The offical opening of the new Centre for Engineered Quantum Systems—which will run from 2018 to 2024—is tonight at
Customs House. Check out the new website, the press release, or
the article by John Ross in today's Australian.
- 07/11/2017: Our review article on High-performance semiconductor quantum-dot single-photon sources appeared today in
Nature Nanotechnology. With 190 references and some beautiful figures and explanations it's well worth a look—mind you, I may be a bit biased. Thank you Pascale and Glenn, it was a lot of
fun putting this together!
- 24/10/2017: Many congratulations to Jacqui, who today was announced as one of four L’Oréal Australia For Women in
Science Fellows for 2017! What wonderful news, and we're looking forward to hearing all about the awards ceremony at the Sydney Opera House next week. See also the
UQ press releases.
- 27/09/2017: Congratulations to Sarah Lau who won Best Poster at the 2017 EQUS Workshop! Sarah was the unanimous choice of the five non-EQUS judges. Nice one Sarah, and
- 23/08/2017: Martin's PhD thesis was published today as a Springer Outstanding Thesis:
Exploring Quantum Foundations with Single Photons. Many congratulations Martin, and I urge you all to go
download your free PDF or EPUB copy now!
- Older news can be found here.